Wildlife In Need Center 25th Anniversary Celebration
July 20th, 2019 Schedule
10:00 am – 5:00 pm
All Day Events
- 10:30 – 4:00 Animal Ambassador Rotation at the Wildlife In Need Center
- 10:30 – 4:30 Kids Activities in the kid’s tent
- 11:00 – 3:00 Face painting in the kid’s tent
- 10:00 – 4:00 Raffle and door prize located in the Field Station
- 10:30 – 5:00 Gift shop at the Wildlife In Need Center
- 11:00 – 1:30 Grill Shack featuring Hamburger, Hot Dogs and Klements Bratwurst in the WINC Parking Lot
- 12:00 – 4:00 Chocolate Factory Ice Cream Sundae Bar
- 10:00 – 5:00 Snack Shack
Special Events & Tours
- 10:30 – 11:00 Bird Walks led by the Benjamin F. Goss Bird Club
- 10:15 – 11:15 Behind the Scenes tours for the public, preregistration required, links below
- 11:00 – 11:15 Wildlife Release
- 11:30 – 12:00 Bird Walks led by the Benjamin F. Goss Bird Club
- 11:30 – 12:00 Prairie Tour and Talk with Marlin Johnson
- 11:30 – 1:30 VIP reception and Behind the Scenes tours
- 2:00 – 2:40 Program & Wildlife Release
- 2:40 – 3:00 Cupcake Celebration with attendees
- 3:00 – 4:30 Behind the Scenes tours for public, preregistration required, links below
- 3:00 – 3:45 Prairie Tour and Talk with Marlin Johnson
- 4:00 Wildlife Release
To purchase tickets for the Behind the Scenes tours for the public, please check out the links below:
10:15 am – 10:45 am tour: To purchase tickets, CLICK HERE
10:45 am – 11:15 am tour: To purchase Tickets, CLICK HERE
3:00 pm – 3:30 pm tour: To purchase tickets, CLICK HERE
3:30 pm – 4:00 pm tour: To purchase tickets, CLICK HERE
4:00 pm – 4:30 pm tour: To purchase tickets, CLICK HERE
There are only 10 tickets available for each tour time. For 12 years old and up only.
25th Anniversary Youth Poster Contest
Theme: “Helping Wildlife”
Contest Dates: Begins Saturday, June 1, 2019. The deadline for submitting all poster designs is midnight Sunday, July 7, 2019.
5 & 6 year olds
7 & 8 year olds
9 & 10 year olds
11 & 12 year olds
- The poster design must fit an 8.5” x 11” sheet of paper.
- All posters must be two dimensional and be constructed using standard art tools (ink, pencil,marker, crayon, etc.)
- The phrase “Helping Wildlife” must appear somewhere on the design
- The poster design must be the artist’s original creation and shall not be copied or duplicated from any previously published art, including photographs, clip art or electronic graphic images.
- The design should be appropriate for Wisconsin native wildlife, if your design portrays an animal, make sure that it is an animal native to Wisconsin.
- Your poster design should feature ways you can help Wisconsin wildlife.
- All submissions must include an entry form. (pdf)
- Entries may be submitted via regular mail and the completed contest entry form must be include with the design.
- Entries can be dropped off at the Wildlife In Need Center office any day between 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- Entries can also be submitted electronically (PDF, PNG or JPG) and scan the completed contest entry form. Attach both the design file and contest entry form to an email and send to: email@example.com
- Note: Do not fold or roll your poster when submitting. We recommend mailing with a piece of cardboard for protection and to maintain structure. Do not attach your poster to the cardboard.
- Each child may submit only one entry. Entries will not be returned.
- The Wildlife In Need Center will not be responsible for any damage, loss or theft of any entry and will not verify receipt of entry.
- Remember that the winning poster designs will be copied to be featured on our Facebook page and website so be mindful of designs close to the page edges and be careful with fine details.
Email Debbie Verhalen at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.